Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



20 July 2013

A different type of layout

This month the challenge at Kraft it Up is to make a layout in a style different to your normal style. Well, I'm not really sure what my normal style is as I have tried different styles in the past, but I do seem to keep coming back to simple layouts with some layering and embellishment clusters. Well, that's what a aim for anyway! So, this month I thought I'd have a go at lots of white space à la Louise Nelson. I find it very hard not to fill up almost every corner of the page so it was a challenge for me to actually stop adding stuff! In the end, this is what I ended up with:

While I'm not displeased with the final result, I don't think I'll be doing a layout like this again any time soon. 

Here are a couple of quick close-ups to finish off.
 

Till next time, happy days!




3 comments:

Chantalle said...

That's the fun of doing challenges and you've done a fab job! Thanks for stepping out of your comfort zone with us at KIU! :)

Paula said...

I think you've done a brilliant take on the challenge...always good to try something different! Thanks for playing over @ KIU :)

sunghee said...

Haha, but I LOVE this layout. This is my kind of style. Love the background color and how you added the twine. Love, love, love!