Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



10 May 2013

Playing with Blog Signatures

Have any of you noticed my new blog signature?

I read this post at Code it Pretty a while back and decided I should try it. But first I had to create a signature. 

I have seen lots of blinkies and thought I might as well give that a go too. So I looked up tutorials on how to make one. I'm not really sure which one I used exactly in the end! The basic steps I used though were-


  • open Photoshop Elements, create a new project. Mine is 810px  wide by 250px high at 72 dpi.
  • pick a photograph for the background layer - I picked part of this kaleidoscope that I made from a picture of our magnolia tree.
  • duplicate the layer and add some bokeh with a bokeh brush - repeat this step several times, duplicating the last layer and adding more (different coloured) bokek
  • duplicate the last layer, add the first letter of text - repeat until word is complete. 
  • once all the layers are finished, go to the Save for Web option and change the setting to save as GIF (rather than jpeg) and click animate. Change other settings as you'd like. 
  • save in a Picasa web album. 


From that point I followed the instructions in the Code it Pretty tutorial. I had a problem placing it above the inlinkz gadget, but I left Marie a comment and she responded quickly with a link to the fix for that. 

So, I'm very happy with my new automatic signature! If you don't already have a signature why not give it a go too? 

I recommend that you take a look at Marie's Code it Pretty blog. She has some great tutorials on all kinds of things to make your blog look pretty too!

Till next time, happy days!



No comments: