Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



25 April 2013

Ninety - 90


Sketches with a Twist had a layout sketch somewhat out of my comfort zone this month, but the twist to use die cuts certainly wasn't! I use die cuts on practically every layout these days so that part was easy. The sketch itself was a little more difficult and I did flip it. I'm not entirely convinced by my final product, but here it is. I think it looks better in real life than in the picture though.
 
I used photos from my father-in-law's 90th birthday party celebrations recently. He was so happy, with a smile from ear to ear for most of the evening. I tried to portray that happiness in my layout by using star die cuts and silver glitter paper (Stampin' Up!). The die cuts were made with the following dies-

Other products I used were Stampin' Up! papers, the Crafter's Workshop Numbers Collage (TCW210) template, silver ink, silver gel pen, and Chipboard monogram numbers from my TLC stash. I thought it was great that there was a 9 and a 0 next to each other in the template and I was able to draw around them with gel pen to highlight the resulting 90.

One of the "problems" I encountered when making the layout was that I wanted to copy the framed pictures idea from the sketch but didn’t have a frame the right size. So, I improvised.

I found that the largest square Fleur de Lis die that I had was the right height for my pictures but not the right width. So, I cut one out of scrap paper and folded it either side of the centre until it was the right width.


Then I cut the square out again from the paper I was going to use. Using the scrap paper die cut as a template I cut the centre out of the square and put the two sides together. Voila, a perfect rectangular frame!

All in all, this is not my favourite layout, but ultimately it's another page done for the scrapbook!

Till next time, happy days!
Francine

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

HI..This looks beautiful! I love the stars and that flourish is divine! and thanks for joining in at SWAT too!