Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



26 January 2013

Tirta Empul



The last Bird is the Word challenge word for a while is "Whisper". I did what I often do for these challenges and looked up quotes with the word whisper in it. I found this one from Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Let us be silent that we may hear the whispers of the gods" and thought of our visit to the Tirta Empul temple at Tampaksiring in Bali, Indonesia. Despite the rainy day the quietness of the place really struck a chord. So, I added the quote on top of on of my photos of a woman praying in the temple (font is Angelic War).

For once I made this layout without a sketch to start with! I wasn't sure how big to print the photos to begin with. So, I placed them on a 12"x12" canvas in PSE first to determine the sizes and layout, then printed them out.


The patterned papers are from Kaisercraft Old World collection (discontinued), and the kraft cardstock is from Stampin Up! I inked the edges of everything with Faded Jeans Distress Ink. Since there was a large ship in the bottom corner of the white paper, I covered it up with a doily die cut (Cheery Lynn English tea party doily) from a coordinating paper. Under the title (cut with Sizzlets Cherish dies), I punched holes in the paper using the Mijemoo Flip it brads n eyelets guide and was going to try and sew with the jute, but that was too thick, so instead I just brought the jute up through the paper at the ends and sewed it in place with floss wherever the holes were. I added some washi tape and a few brads (Kaisercraft and Making Memories [Noteworthy]) and I was done.


The only thing left to do was to add the entrance ticket. I wanted to include it on the layout, but it was too large so I resolved that problem by sliding it behind the main photo.

I like how this layout turned out and hope you do too! Please leave me some comment love to let me know what you think.

Till next time, happy days.

Francine

3 comments:

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Wowww, love your page, Thank you for joining us at BITW

Lizzyc said...

Wow I think it looks wonderful, what a great travel layout.. and love the quote for these photos too.. and thanks for joining in at BITW!!

Anne P said...

Hi Francine. Thank you for the beautiful comment on my blog. I really appreciated it. Also LOVE your frosted design 12 days of Christmas creation.

Regarding your question.... Yes, I did hand stitch that seahorse. and Yes, I know, I'm crazy ;)