Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



29 October 2011

Luge with a View


I love Becky Fleck from Page Maps' sketches! They're always so well balanced and easy to follow. So, whenever her challenges are open to international scrapbookers, and sometimes even when they're not (since I have family in the States so can use their address) I try and make a layout. This time she's offering stuff that she's purged from her studio and there's some nice things there I wouldn't mind getting my hands on. But, even without the prize, the challenges always help me get some scrapping done! So, this is my latest creation for this challenge, from the sketch at left!


Since my page was all about the magnificent view at the top of Bob's Peak in Queenstown, New Zealand, where we went to the luge track, I couldn't help but replace the white space below with a large photo. I typed my journalling directly on to the photo before printing it out. 


Limitless layers circle B used to cut the half circles
I kept the embellishments simple, using a metal ribbon slide, some fancy metal grommet buttons, a bit of ribbon and floss from my stash. I also used my Big Shot to cut the lotus scallop edged half circles. I'm loving using my Big Shot and the few dies that I have. More dies are definitely on my wish list! 


The papers are from Stampin Up and I distressed the edges with some Versamark ink. The title is made from Tim Holtz grungeboard letters also inked with the brown Versamark ink, as well as a couple clear Dymo strips that I layered on top of some cardstock scraps that I also inked up first. (Here's a hint for anyone trying this at home - make sure the ink is completely dry and soaked in to the paper before you put the dymo tape on. Otherwise you just get ink on the sticky side of the Dymo tape and it keeps falling off - hmmm... wonder how I worked that out?!)


See the seed beads?
I finished the whole page off by pricking some holes, then using them to stitch some seed beads in a line above the pictures. 


All in all, I love how this layout turned out! Maybe it will be good enough to win, maybe not - we'll see!


Till next time, happy days!


Francine

3 comments:

Mitralee said...

Well I really love this page myself with that beautiful large photo I hope you win!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome layout!!! I love the big photo and the way you've journalled on it! :D

Lainie said...

WOW! Like Chantal said but I also really love your banner under the small photo's overlapped onto the large one. Totally gorgeous!