Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



27 June 2011

Painted Faces


I decided to play with some digital brushes this afternoon and created a layout for the Scrapbooking Competition challenge blog. The blog owner Ingeborg designed the sketch to use. I looked through my old photos and picked this one of Kyaa and her cousin Matthew who was visiting us part way through a round the world trip with his family at the time. They look pretty cute don't they?!


I created four different sized circles and layered them on top of each other. I used a clipping mask to attach the photo to the smaller circle, then picked colours from the photo to fill the remaining circles. Then I started playing with brushes! Altogether I used brushes from butterfly_by_ShadyMedusa-stock, Porcelain brushes by Miko, KPertiet_FloralEdger (not sure where I picked that one up from?) and Circle Flourish Brush from Little Dreamer Designs. The fonts I used were One Fell Swoop (one of my favourite script fonts!) and Papyrus (aside - while looking for the link for the Papyrus font I came across several links about the overuse of the papyrus font. Lucky I didn't know about that before I finished my layout!!).

Till next time, happy days!

Francine

2 comments:

Ingeborg Dijkstra- Verbeek said...

Thanks Francine; I added your layout to my blog! I love the many brushes; it can never be enough for me LOL !

Claudia said...

I so love your blog,,, got something for u on my blog,, hope u like it.. :)
Claudia W.