Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



14 March 2011

Milford Sound


I quickly posted these photos yesterday before the challenge link expired and just made it! Here now though is the story behind them.

I created the left hand side of this layout for the Apron Strings birthday challenge #5 - use at least 10 buttons, brads or eyelets. Well I used several buttons, although not 10. However, I did use 12 brads around the central button.
The sketch I used is this one. I really liked how it used a large photograph. I like this photo of Mitre Peak that I took on holiday in New Zealand in January. I put the title and journalling directly onto the photo in PSE, then printed it out. I added some stamping, buttons and ribbons, and pierced a line of holes around the left, top and right hand side of the photo, and the layout was done!






The right hand side of the layout was based on the above sketch. I used four portrait photos though instead of one single photo. the page was made for Apron Strings challenge #7 - use at least three ribbons. I used two of the same ribbons that I used on the left side page, added a third ribbon, some buttons, pierced some holes around the central piece of patterned paper, and added the sub title with sticker letters (from Carolee's Creations?)

The patterned paper used on both layouts is from Stampin Up!

I'm not sure if I've ever pierced holes on a layout before, and this past weekend I used this technique on three layouts, but I think it is quite effective! It's very simple, but adds a nice touch. All in all, this double page layout is quite understated, but I think it turned out quite well, and really has the emphasis on the photos.

Till next time, happy days!

Francine

1 comment:

Lori said...

Beautiful layout. I love the serenity of it. And go you on incorporating two challenges into one layout.