Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



1 January 2011

CRII - December Challenge

OK - Post number three for today! See, I told you I would make up for not posting in December!

So this post is about the December CRII challenge. The layout was based on a Nov 2010 Page Maps sketch. While I had decided on the photographs to use, I had trouble finding paper that I liked. In the end I went for plain papers with the central vertical piece only being patterned. I had it in my stash, it's by 7 Gypsies (I think!). The paper under the title on the left is actually a K&Co tag that I cut in half. Ribbon is from my stash (left over from an LSS challenge I think) and the title letters and embellishments are both sticker sheets that I bought from one of those $2 shops. For the embellishments I stuck the stickers onto some white cardstock and then cut them out. I stuck them onto the page using foam mounting squares. To make the swirl at the bottom I used my new gold gel pen (a Christmas present since my last pen ran out) and my new Swirly Doodles (Hot off the Press) template. The template is really easy to use as there are several swirls that depending on how you put them together make different flourishes. There are suggestions on the template explaining exactly how to put them together.



While this layout is quite simple, I'm pleased with how it turned out.
For the card, it was a straight scraplift. Unfortunately Sue didn't know where she saved it from in the first place, so sorry I can't acknowledge the maker :( Here is the original on the left, and my version on the right. Mine is nowhere near as nice when I see them side by side, but at least I had a go!

Till next time, happy days!
Francine

1 comment:

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Beautiful projects :) Love your layouts full of life and cards. Colors and nice pictures :)

Both here the orginal card and your one are very pretty :)