Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



5 November 2010

BC Government House Gardens

For the October CRII year long challenge I made a layout with photos from our visit to the grounds of British Columbia's Lieutenant Governor's residence at 1401 Rockland Ave, Victoria, BC. This house is not far from my parents house and we were able to walk there to visit the grounds which are open to the public. There are fantastic views of the Olympic Mountains in Washington state, but none of the pictures I used for this layout featured any of those views! So, without further ado, here's the layout.

It was made from this sketch.

The papers I used are from the Bali Breeze set from SU!. I used some felt flowers from SU!'s flower fusion set, and a couple of flowers from Bo Bunny as well. The letters for the title are from artsy.licious by Chatterbox (peacock colour). The small letters are from my stash.

I didn't really like this sketch too much, although I'm not unhappy with the resulting layout. It's better than I expected, but won't ever be one of my favourites.

As well as the layout challenge, there is also a card sketch. Here are the card and sketch it was made from.

I used the same papers as for the layout, along with a flower, rub on and butterfly from my stash. I'm not an avid card maker and I think this card turned out OK, but not great. I think it would have been better if the ovals weren't scalloped, but I don't have a plain oval punch. I hope whoever I end up giving it too though will appreciate it.

I'll be back a bit later with another layout from last month.

Till next time, happy days.

Francine

No comments: